Home | Poem Network | About Us | Contact | Privacy Policy


  • love poems by maya angelou
  • Best love poems by maya angelou


    Some Love Poems

    Touched by an Angel - Maya Angelou

    We, unaccustomed to courage
    exiles from delight
    live coiled in shells of loneliness
    until love leaves its high holy temple
    and comes into our sight
    to liberate us into life.

    Love arrives
    and in its train come ecstasies
    old memories of pleasure
    ancient histories of pain.
    Yet if we are bold,
    love strikes away the chains of fear
    from our souls.

    We are weaned from our timidity
    In the flush of love's light
    we dare be brave
    And suddenly we see
    that love costs all we are
    and will ever be.
    Yet it is only love
    which sets us free.

    Maya Angelou Quotes

    If you have only one smile in you give it to the people you love.
    -- Maya Angelou

    It is this belief in a power larger than myself and other than myself which allows me to venture into the unknown and even the unknowable.
    -- Maya Angelou

    It is time for parents to teach young people early on that in diversity there is beauty and there is strength.
    -- Maya Angelou

    I’ve learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life".
    -- Maya Angelou

    I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
    -- Maya Angelou

    I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.
    -- Maya Angelou

    love poems by maya angelou kind of love

    love poems by maya angelou 2

    1 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    If I ever got meet Maya Angelou in person, and be able to just hold a conversation with her I could care less about meeting anyone else until God calls me home. The amazing woman has so much wisdom that I would just be completely blown away. She is an inspiration to me. I love her with all my heart.

    Post a Comment